View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 03:26 PM
markjenn

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger for a Sirrus X Comp Carbon as my first hybrid as I'm a big fan of 1x and like the mix of up-to-date features for the price. (I might go a bit smaller on the front chainring as I'd prefer to shift the gearing a little more towards the bottom end - I climb some 15% grades getting home on almost every ride.) It is advertised as having "rack/fender mounts" but I don't see anything up by the seat tube for the top of the rack. I assume you have to use a rack that mounts with the seat tube clamp? Has anyone fitted a rack? Is it possible to double-team the mounts to have both?

I'm 6'-2" and it appears the XL is probably the best fit, maybe a little large, but I prefer a bike with more cockpit room in general and I'm getting old enough that I don't want anything very aggressive. If you have any thoughts about fit, I'd appreciate them. None of the LBS's near me keep 1x bikes on the floor. I'm sure the LBS would order me a bike contingent on a fit-check ride, but I'd prefer to get it right at order time.

Thanks,

- Mark