Old 09-11-15, 12:24 AM
waterfish_21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris87
I decided to get the Trek FX 7.3. I don't have it yet because they need to order the color I want. I test rode both the 7.2 and 7.3 several times. They were almost identical, but I think the 7.3 shifted a lot smoother. It also has the blender stem to mount a computer, which I like as the computer is much more integrated with the bike. I decided to get a computer too, as I want to use the bike for fitness and it will help me a lot with that.
Congrats on your new bike! I believe the 7.3fx also has interior cable routing for a sleeker look vs the 7.2. I was stuck between the 8.3ds and 7.3 fx on my first bike earlier this year but I ended up with a 7.2 fx. Kind of regret it though, wish I would of bought the 8.3 DS because now I just bought the emonda s4 . Lost over 60lbs over the summer biking over 1300 miles, combined with diet and weight lifting. Beware though, you're probably going to fall in love with biking all over again and you're gonna ditch your hybrid eventually like most of us. But it's a great entry bike to test the waters of what your looking to do. And it's still a great bike to use for exercise and commuting regardless.