Old 05-15-19, 08:29 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
...you can cicyle for a very long time as you get older. It would be a shame to give it up.
I am not selling any more bikes. I have 3 left. I will still bike to the grocery, dentist, doctors, and at times to work when I have to restock the fridge or haul some work clothes to launder. I doubt I will ever forget how to ride a bike either. However, my new job nixes the danged commute into the city grid. And I quit recreational cycling a couple of years ago.

You all may be picturing some old man on a skateboard in a skate park. No. You should picture some old man on inline, quad skates, or a longboard doing 100km sessions (takes me about 8 hours) at the local Rail Trail or that same old man skating one mile through a deserted park at 6:30 a.m. going to work.

Longboard world records FYI:

Furthest Distance in 24 Hours (Mens)
Rick Pronk - 313 miles (503.725 km). We're exhausting writing this record. 313 miles in 24 hours was set by Pronk at the Ultra Skate at Dutch Ultra 2017.

Furthest Distance in 24 Hours (Womens)

Saskia Tromp – 262 miles (421.648 km). Tromp also set this record at the Dutch Ultra 2017. WHEW.

. - Source
^THIS is the kind of skating I do but only good for 100km these days in about 8 hours. Same with roller skating. Distance stuff mostly.