Old 10-15-19, 03:38 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 293 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
Be careful! Those U-bolts act to crush the fork blade. Not an issue with sturdy steel blades but CF forks are not made to resist that force. (And even then not all steel framebuilders are entirely comfortable with adding the braze-ons for LowRiders. Peter Mooney wouldn't for my first 79pmooney fork. 5 years later when I needed a new one, he said he was willing to braze on a much larger generator mount (that he wouldn't have to drill the fork blade for). That has worked very well though I have to enlarge the holes/slots in my racks to fit. Also the bolts are English/American, not metric.

Ben
I'm not talking about the U-bolt, but the long U-shaped bar that goes from the front of one low-rider rack to the front of the other low-rider rack so they can't twist back and forth.

My fork is aluminum and I was planning on using a bolt in the mid-blade boss and the U-bolt, as well as the connecting bar that keeps them from swaying.

I may also just get a steel fork, as my aluminum fork has loads and loads of kms on it, and I can't find a similar aluminum fork to replace it.