View Single Post
Old 03-29-20, 04:17 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
I wasn't sure if I'd like the fizik Aliante saddle. It seemed like a decent fit when I first set the bike up, and it actually felt pretty "right" just sitting on the bike and dialing in the fit. Riding a new saddle is a whole 'nuther thing, though, right? The first thing I noticed, immediately upon turning right at the end of my driveway, and cutting so hard that I nearly forced the mailbox post into slalom gate duty, is that a whole winter of killing myself on the indoor trainer has paid some instant dividends! It seemed like "real" bike riding was sooooo much easier than spinning, sprinting, threshold, etc, on the trainer. Awesome! That's why I did it, duh. The next thing I noticed was the very first time I stood on the pedals to see how the Endurace climbs out of the saddle. Holy smokes, the first two pedal strokes almost rocketed the bike out from under me it's so responsive! I really thought someone had caught up to me (there wasn't a soul to be seen in any direction) and given me a solid shove from behind. Wow! The next thing I figured out was that I hadn't even thought about my saddle, and that was after about 18 miles. So, I guess it's a good fit so far. I can slide back, forward, and there's only comfort and good contact. My fancy Italian saddle on my old Look carbon bike (my indoor/rainy ride bike now) is no longer my pal. I thought that saddle was pretty good. I really like the fizik. So far... Overall, this bike is an 11 out of 10 for everything I had hoped it would be. Glad I got the black one.
Likes For AdkMtnMonster: