View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 07:11 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10961 Post(s)
Liked 7,488 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
When I bought my first bike several years ago, there were a group of guys hanging around the LBS. Chatting up the owner, the mechanics, etc. To an outsider, I felt as though these guys were buddies that rode together and just hung out at the store because it was the fun thing to do.

I do not have this type of relationship with my LBS. But I think it would be a beneficial relationship to have. I'm curious though. Are the days of the LBS owner being your friend over what with online shopping and all? Or did the LBS hangout ever exist?
Why do you think such a relationship would be beneficial to have? Besides hoping that it gets you a brodeal, what benefit would there be?

I dont hang out at a bike shop. Just no interest as I am not looking to have a place to socialize(bar, lbs, country club, etc) and I am busy with family and other life activities.
A couple of the shops around me have a vibe that would be conducive to people hanging out if they sold something besides bikes/accessories. If it were a bike shop with a connected cafe, then I could see more people hanging out on the bike shop side.