View Single Post
Old 08-27-19, 01:36 PM
dz_nuzz
Rides too much bike

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting to find myself back on here looking at this thread. Struggling myself with this same question but coming at it from a different perspective. My last few seasons have been objectively great, but subjectively I am struggling with the fact that I am just sitting at the peak of what I can do physically and being mentally stressed from running a team for a number of years. It just feels like something's gotta give. I basically just melted down after getting dropped in a crit I didn't really care about from a goals perspective, didn't even fail physically just tactically made a blunder and I just lashed out unnecessarily at others. I guess for me it is knowing that I am at the limit of what I can do with the genetics I have, the time I have and the age I am. I could maybe accomplish more if I cut out other things, but I have a career, a new relationship and I still love to ride my bike.

I think I worry most about becoming something I hate because I keep pushing myself to be the best I can be. I think there is a point for all of us that will make us question why we race, and it isn't always because you are pack foddering, sometimes you just don't see what else you can aspire to or push yourself to be.