View Single Post
Old 03-24-20, 10:42 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
On a cheerier note: when I walk the dogs, I walk right past a Christmas tree farm/lot. The guy who works there has a super soft spot for Puppy Love.

Today there was high excitement when Puppy Love spotted a rabbit, which bolted under the fence and into the Christmas tree lot, then under the hut they use as an office. Puppy Love squeezed between an opening in the gate, got to the end of her leash and was barking at the rabbit. Our friend came out of the office with some dog biscuits to say hi.

I recently learned the Christmas tree farm is owned by the same folks who own the landscape nursery that planted our birch tree for us. It’s where I was thinking I’d go to discuss which type of fruit tree to get for the front yard. Since I had the guy right there across the fence, I decided to pick his brain.

He thought definitely citrus because it grows so perfectly where we live. Blood orange was his top pick. He advised against limes, they’re a little fussy in our area.

He tells me he he has a beautiful large blood orange tree actually in the Christmas tree lot, and there’s some smaller ones at the retail lot. Amazingly they’re open because they’re farmers.

​​​seedsbelize I think I will go pick myself a nice Moro Blood Orange tree this week, and stimulate the local economy some.
Likes For Heathpack: