C Law
Too Much Crazy

Bikes: Eriksen 29er, Gunnar Roadie, Niner RLT, Niner RIP 9

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by noisebeam
What is better, buying locally non-organically grown (from a small family famer in PA to make is more of a feel good situation) veggies or organically grown veggies in the southwest US from a multinational agri-giant that uses a non-sustainable water source then shipped to PA on semi trucks?

Al

For me the answer is simple . Buy local. In NY, the current level of regulation on pesticide/herbicide/fungicides is sufficient enough for me. And I have to laugh because the 'Organic' produce that is grown that everyone is so gaga for is grown on the same potato fields that have been obliterated with pesticides and the like for the past 60 years. You don't think that soil has a memory?

And the ultimate? The folks going to buy 'organic' produce and then going back to their 1/2 acre perfectly green weedless lawn where no indigenous plant life remains. So, lets see, the capful of fungicide that is used on a 50 acre farm that is producing food is somehow unacceptable but applying chemicals to your yard for no other reason than 'yard vanity' is fine? And to boot, it is not regulated at all. You can use as much as you want whenever you want.