Old 08-01-06, 01:23 PM
joelw135

Bikes: ActionBent Trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaman
The WizWheels have different frame sizes depending on x-seams. I am not nearly as impressed with the WizWheels as I am with A.B. Specifically, I am very concerned with the lightweight bushing'd steering knuckles. A.B., like several other, use a normal bicycle sterring head on both front wheels and is proving to be a very well balanced design for a nice straight ride.

I am 6'4" and 240#. The A.B. has plenty of boom available and just enough width so that my legs do not hit anything while peddling. The weight limit on the A.B. Trike is 265lbs. It's a little higher on the Apoyo also offered by A.B. Here is a link of me riding the A.B. trike: Google Vids

As Joel said, this is one heck of a deal from A.B. if your not attached to a name. I will say this, you probably need the foam pad shown on Joel's second image. The stock molded pad is slippery and pushes in all the wrong places for a tall person. The 2" open cell foam holds you in the seat and is just enough to keep from feeling the hardshell seat.
The first picture shows the TW-Bents fenders and Air Mesh seat cushion. Both should be available in the USA in the next few months. I just finished testing the fenders and I like them a lot.