Old 10-15-15, 12:20 PM
TheRef

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Software to "Neutralize" parts of a ride? (Strava, Ride with GPS etc)

On my long rides (60+ mile) I like to take the first miles very light as a warm up and to get out of my subdivision and when returning I take it very slow as a cooldown. We are talking 10-12mph. My subdivision leads me to a country roads and within a few miles it's open corn fields and I bring the pace up 17-20mph, Until I hit a few small towns where I have to slow down again to 12-15mph to navigate their "busy" downtown/main street areas.
So while most of my ride I'm above 17-18mph my total moving speeds are dramatically reduced and it ends up being on the 15-16mphs (14ish when " trafic" is bad on the small towns). Also the amount of warm up/ coold down I do can impact the final moving speed of the ride.

Other than bragging rights with friends that think I'm slacking I use those long rides to gauge the effort for the day. I've tried to crop out parts of the ride and I end up with multiple segments over 18mph but I'd like to keep a single file.
Anybody knows of a software that would let me " neutralize" certain parts of a ride and still give me the overall moving average for the rest of the ride??