Old 11-22-19, 12:08 PM
1AvidCyclistCat

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Mutual Admiration Society

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Recovery time after severe crash Not to interrupt this Mutual Admiration Society, but as I was reading this thread it occurred to me that all these accounts are of successful recovery and we’ll not hear of those who have left cycling (or this earth) after their incidents. I get the sense that like military veterans we too are reliving unforgettable traumas, and are proud of our sucesses.
That is quite a humorous name for a mutually effected and affected dedicated, consistently engaged in the noble sports activity of cycling: bicycling. My goal as a severely injured soon to be a geriatric cyclist, is to help encourage and get motivated to bring the best after serious, major trauma.
I believe that the current over 50 population will continue to redefine expectations of aging: specifically aging well with honor, respect and motivation to encouraging our less than fit, not so healthy fellow elderly neighbors and friends.
Closed head injuries may have unpredictable short and long term unfavorable consequences. I experienced immediate mood lability with sudden episodes of sadness, crying with tearful moans. Severe trauma affects your whole being.
I embrace humor as an excellent therapeutic tool to help one cope better with adversity. I reject cynicism imbedded in deceptive humor: it’s quite unpleasant and disgusting, it is not beneficial or productive to either mocker or the one being mocked.
I have learned that by giving in genuine humility anyone willing can and will help magnify the rewarding, wonderful good deeds of loving others as oneself.