Old 03-07-10, 02:03 PM
spcialzdspksman
Hella Raw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nashcommguy
After building and riding a single-speed conversion I'd been threatening to do the same for a fixie asa the fundage cleared. Took longer than I thought, but just got the wheelset on Friday and took my first ride Saturday. Well, technically I took a little spin down to the end of my street and back. It's about a mile rt. So, yesterday I went 25 mi rt w/a couple of climbs and decends. My gearing is 46-16 and I'm going to 48 or maybe 50 as the top end is too low for my general terrain. But, I totally get why people ride fixed. It's fun, simple, challenging and did I say fun? I was grinning the whole time, like I had a real cool secret nobody else knew about. Is that common? A roadie passed me going the opposite direction and I hollared, "Dude, I'm ridin a FIXIE!" The quizical look on his face was priceless.

So, thanks to all on the ss/fg thread for their insight, expertise, admonitions and encouragments over the last couple of years. I gained alot of knowledge reading these posts almost everyday.
You sound my friend.
Is this Alex??