Old 08-14-18, 04:15 PM
keke

Bikes: Dahon Mu P8 and Mezzo D9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Very sad day...

Please bear with me guys, I'm posting on this thread because the original thread where I floated the idea of a Mezzo has gone south very quickly...

Took my bike to an experienced bike mechanic today. Turns out there is A LOT wrong with my bike and it will cost a pretty penny to put right.

The shifter-brake combo is not compatible with the rear mech (I suspected that when I looked at the bike closely). It seems someone has just thrown whatever parts they found on the bike. They've been running a 9 speed cassette with an 8 spd chain and 8 spd shifter (with integrated brake lever). The brakes are apparently not right for the bike either.

I have been told to either change everything to appropriate parts or somehow run it with the current shifter and change the cassette etc. Other option to cut costs is to keep it as is but LBS thinks it's a bad idea and says cannot imagine how the bike had ever been working well with the current setup.

Took it to another LBS who simply suggested I sell it!

Gutted as it'll cost more than I paid for the bike to put it right. I would like to have a Mezzo D9 rather than a Miuzzo e8 or summat.

I have no bike repair skills but considered yet another option - go to the "charity" LBS where I can rent a stand with tools and try to DIY under supervision. That way I could hopefully learn something and get the bike I thought I was getting....

Money spinning down the drain regardless of course. Thoughts?