tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 593 Posts
Originally Posted by bikebikebike
Weight only 29.5 lbs ! Like the Downtube with a newer hinge and rack and fenders, by Zizzo, no less.
I do prefer 20"for the ride. I do not see how people can comfortably tour on a 16 inch, they need smooth streets
I have a Raleigh 20 to restore, and will have to weigh and post the parts' weight
It would be a fun comparison to see how and where the Foldies put their weight in a side-by-side comparison. I may pick up a used Dahon curve i3 that will need to be taken apart and serviced, giving a chance to get the weight on its parts.

It has a 120mm rear in aluminum that presents a challenge to upgrade.
I believe Sturmey-Archer makes a 120mm 8 speed IGH,... We have another forum member that converted his Dahon Curve to an 8 speed with this hub.

Originally Posted by Bonzo Banana
Does look good. I thought when they first announced it it looked like a shimano freewheel fitted which was not a heavy duty part but now it clearly is a 7 speed cassette which are definitely heavy duty but a little restrictive in what you can upgrade to. Looks like another great spec, great value folding bike from them. I'm UK based but if I was US based they would definitely be just about my first choice I really like the way they configure most of their bikes although would personally avoid the cheaper freewheel based bikes, the same for any brand.

Unless you are heavy or planning to load up the bike to a greater weight for touring I would think the Urbano the better option though. It seems to be the best bike for spec/price ratio especially with a 6066 frame which is classed as a super lightweight aluminium to compete with Giant's 6011 and fuji-ta's 6069.
The Urbano is 6066, but the Forte is 6061. No big deal IMO. The Forte is also using the same freewheel that I'll be using on my Origami Wasp,,...the DNP 11-28T 7 speed freewheel. Sounds good to me,...