tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 593 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonzo Banana
6066 is a more advanced aluminium than 6061 it is much stronger so allows the frame to be lighter. It is the premium aluminium used by Merida who are probably the second best large scale bicycle frame manufacturer in the world after Giant. That isn't to say this is a Merida frame of course just making the point it is a very good premium aluminium.

According to their site data the Forte has a cassette but like you I thought that when it was introduced it mentioned an actual freewheel so wonder if they have swopped it now to a stronger cassette. We totally disagree about freewheels vs cassettes as a heavy rider I have destroyed a few freewheels in my time, bent a few axles and had the annoyance of constantly adjusting derailleurs because of freewheel wobble, they are junk components in my opinion best avoided but have used sub Shimano cassettes with success although often they don't last as long but that depends on what Shimano cassette you are comparing them to. We will agree to disagree there but the Forte is using a cassette according to the number given on their site. It is this one so the bike has a freehub and cassette and not a screw on freewheel. Maybe they have done a little upgrade. The euromini site clearly states both freewheels and cassettes for different bikes and now states cassette for the Forte. It is not a site that seems to be confused or manipulative with regard freewheels and cassettes. However I notice the Via has a cassette as well which makes me wonder if they have upgraded to freehub's on the sly so not to annoy previous customers, I thought the Via or the bike at that price level previously (can't remember if it was called a Via) had a freewheel. The only bike in their range with a freewheel now is the Campo.

https://www.euromini.bike/shop-forte

For the price point I highly doubt they'll make the bike 6066 aluminum. And where did we disagree? I made a mistake about the specs of my bike, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. And the DNP cassette is listed on the Euromini website, and I've located it on multiple websites. It's a freewheel,...screw on,...how the heck is that a debate? Even if it is a cassette, I have a freewheel to install. And it's the same brand,...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...p%2F2255324449

Last edited by tds101; 05-06-19 at 08:22 AM.