Old 04-24-20, 12:17 PM
phivos

Bikes: BH Prisma Carbon - Shimano 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
What type of bottom bracket is this?

Just replaced my lovely aluminum frame MTB with a used carbon fiber road bike. I thought this was going to be an upgrade, but ended up being a disaster!
The bike appeared to be in good shape, but after a few miles on the road, I realized that the BB shell was spinning inside the frame as I was pedaling. I also noticed a slight play of the crank set.
After taking it apart, it was clear that the BB shell is an aluminum cylinder. Should I say an "insert", I don't know. You can easily spin this inside the carbon frame, but impossible to remove by sliding out. So this is not a press fit. I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to remove so I can properly fix this. There is a groove inside the aluminum shell (apart from the 2 grooves used for the bearing retainers). This may be a sign that the shell was made out of 2 pieces (left and right) either threaded together or press fitted. I've attached a couple of photos in case someone can identify this and help me out.
The bike is a BH Prisma with Shimano 105. The crank shaft has a diameter of 24mm.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Binder1.pdf (3.60 MB, 53 views)