Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
No, sorry, that's not right. The sweat and your body are at the same temperature, so moving it away does not cool you. The sweat, sitting on your skin, is not transferring heat to your body, so removing it has no effect.
Yes, but I think that you are concentrating on the theoretical and ignoring other factors by assuming too simple a situation. If you have a base layer soaking up sweat and no where for the heat to go because evaporation is not occurring at any useful rate, then you will be holding more heat close to your body as the outer layer that is getting some cooling effect will be unable to transfer enough of that heat from the base layer.

But it seems that in most cases the net effect will be that I will be hotter or I will feel hotter, since my skin and it's nerve endings will have more mass between me and where the cooling takes place.

Some are forgetting the evaporation takes place on the outer surface and the cooling effect will be further away from our body. So that will keep warmer mass near your body and the cooling may not be felt at all if overwhelmed by excessive sweating.

I'm sure there is an ideal rate at which you can sweat through a base layer into an other layer and it actually be comfortable. But that will likely be too narrow a range for the wide range of how I sweat.