Old 04-10-24, 08:36 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11037 Post(s)
Liked 7,588 Times in 4,230 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeDeason
Light trail, not all trail.

Priority 600 looked decent until I realized it’s 35lbs

how would a bike like the light ScalpelCarbon SE Ultimate do with a narrower road/gravel/hybrid tire on city pavement, and light trail?

would it be too aggressive no matter how it was set up ?
You havent defined all the vague terms you initially used, and you now just added more vague terms. Vague terms dont help because what it means to you may not be what it means to me or others. So responses can end up being a waste of everyone's time.
You managed to clarify 1 thing- when you said 'All Trail'- apparently you mean 'light trail'. Cool. So packed crushed stone paths, basically.
  • What does 'top end gearing' mean? Do you mean drivetrain components that are on the higher quality side of options?...or do you mean actual drivetrain gearing that has a different top end gearing ratio than what you can find on stock bikes?
  • You just referenced a Scalpel bike that has a suspension fork. Do you want a suspension fork? The two Trek bikes you asked about in your first post dont have suspension forks. That is a fundamentally different style of bike than what you initially referenced.
  • When you ask if the Scalpel would be too aggressive, what are you actually asking? What is 'aggressive' to you? Are you asking about the fit? Are you asking about the steering geometry and if so, how do you want a bike to steer?

Genuinely- I think you first need to figure out what you actually want before you can find what you want.
Likes For mstateglfr: