View Single Post
Old 10-11-19, 01:25 PM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 293 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
I don't need to denigrate other materials to justify my ti purchase, and I don't do so. I have non-standard body geometry, so custom works better for me. I wanted a new custom frame designed by someone who is well-versed in fitting people. (My previous custom IF steel frame was fit by someone who was not so good at that.) I am also somewhat neglectful with bikes, so I wanted something that will not rust. Just so happens that someone local fit the bill. And as for price, it really wasn't that expensive. IIRC, frame was $3,500 + a couple hundred for the coloring. It was a present to myself for paying off my mortgage in only 11 years.

I have never ridden a carbon bike, so I am not qualified to comment on the material. I'd like try one though. I am curious to see how one feels. But I am not a bike collector/amasser. I have one road bike and one steel touring bike for self-contained touring and commuting/around town transportation. As such. I am not going to add one to my lineup when I don't need another bike.
We can all agree that you have a very pretty bike...there is no need to put down other people's choices.

It happens here (and in other forums) that some individuals find it necessary to put other people's choice in order to bolster or support their own choices.

Reminds me of Gulliver's Travel to the land of Lilliput, where which end of an egg a person cracks becomes the basis of a deep political rift within that nation.

have we all become a bunch of Lilliputians here?