View Single Post
Old 05-24-17, 07:16 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Originally Posted by SkepticalOne
Ha! I love the vigilance with which these forums defend sacred ground of caliper brakes! Posting in these forums is like swimming with sharks

I chose a specific frame, I opted for the caliper version - Domane SLR - caliper. After riding it for 3 weeks and struggling with clearance offered when removing wheels for easy transport, I chose to upgrade to a disc version. And so, unlike may of the vigilant caliper die-hards that turn innocuous threads into flame-wars, I own both, ride both, and have weighed the merits of each in a real-life decision analysis, ultimately putting my money where my mouth is.

And to the OP's original query, I prefer the aesthetic of my disc Domane to my caliper Domane 4.5 for reasons previously provided.
LOL, has nothing to do with defending caliper brakes. Just a simple correction of bad information is all. Use what ya want. But just to make you feel better I go the extreme and point out I'm even running 42mm tires with caliper brakes, so there, LOL!!