Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-19, 05:36 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
N+1

As I'm getting to the point where I want to join some more 'serious' rides, and the fact that I don't have a 'proper' road bike, I just lowballed a bid on the Bay for a Trek frameset.
It's on its way now. I wasn't really serious about the bid, but that sometimes happens.
I have many of the parts I'd need to build it laying around in the basement, but I think I'll make it a fairly fresh build. Where I am now I'm not after uber-light and expensive components, and will probably start off with 'take-off' bits you can find cheap all over the place.
I'm gonna wait until I get the frame and give it a good look before I go and order anything. This may end up being my 'reward' bike, and I'll use some of my HW winnings to cover the build. (that is... to cover the credit card once I get my check).

I was kinda wanting to go with 105 for the groupset, and there are a bunch of bontrager take-off wheelsets floating around. I may go with Tiagra, though, as even the Sora brifters I put on Jake feel pretty good. Will post pics when I get 'em.