View Single Post
Old 10-28-19, 06:52 AM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 293 Posts
Originally Posted by richardwill
Hi Guys, thanks for your replies. I've been type 2 since about 2002, have kept my A1C 6.0 to 6.9 by exercise and diet, and I'll be 75yrs in Jan 2020. I had back surgery on Jul26 and finished therapy Sept 29. So I bought a new bike to help my recovery even more, and am just doing health. So I thought I would look into getting a Dexcom CGM to mainly use when I exercise. But the Dexcom web site says that you and your Dr have to certify that you are an insulin user, and that you use insulin at least three times or more daily. So with those script requirements and the cost of the units, I just gave up. Now way for me to qualify. So I'll just have to do finger sticks and eat, etc. while riding. Thanks for your help, Rich
The Dexcom CGM has been a godsend for me. It is especially helpful when I am going on long rides because it allows me to monitor my blood glucose and see how it fluctuates during the ride.

It is really upsetting that some health insurance companies and the VA will not pay for a potentially life saving device.

Good luck to you...stay healthy.