Old 01-27-18, 02:28 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked 1,297 Times in 612 Posts
New project

I know most hybrid owners aren't into dump "rescues" and projects like the C & V folks but I thought I'd share this in case some are, I know I like seeing other people's projects regardless of what bike "genre" it is. Picked up this Scott Sportster P5 a few weeks ago cheap with the intent of flipping it but after getting it home and going over it I have decided to rehab it for myself and sell one of my other bikes, or two.

I believe it's a 2007 and it appears to have been ridden very little, it's grimy and has some rust on the steel hardware and fork legs but is in otherwise very good condition. The Crank Bros. Eggbeaters were a bonus, a little white vinegar and aluminum foil and they'll be like new. It appears it has been quite a few years since it's had any love but everything still works, I think it got ridden a season or two then stuck in the lawn shed out back for a decade or so until it was sold at a yard sale. My M-I-L's neighbor picks up bikes, mowers, etc. at yard and garage sales then flips them "as is" but she rarely has anything like this, it's usually well trashed box store stuff.

It will get some upgrades like full Deore XT drivetrain and brakes, different wheels and a little nicer fork. Bought the fork and wheels for another build then decided to go another direction on it, same for most of the XT stuff so there will be very little additional expenditure and I have a good home for all the takeoffs.