View Single Post
Old 04-17-18, 07:27 AM
Big Pond

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It will be interesting to see what insights an expert will suss out. From my own limited understanding, the all city’s are cut from the same cloth wrt a by the charts analysis. The most significant geo aspects I could identify are GM is slightly taller and has shorter chainstays. I believe the tires are even compatible between the two frames. So then, a dropper seat post, fork mounted waterbottles and through axles on the GM vs quick release on the SH further divide. All city didn’t publish details about about the tubing or weight between frames though I bet they would if asked.

The space-horse is marketed as commuter and long distance rider I believe the GM fits that mold equally well but adds a dropper post, TA’s and a hair less head angle in nod to off-road trends.

The wolverine is a bit different. It’s longer, lower and with less trail then the AC’s. It design goals seem to be a fatter wheeled, more flexible cross bike. The sliding drop allow you to tailor the handling a bit. And it has more tire clearance the SH.

They all look like they would take you anywhere you want to go in style. A good problem to have imo.