Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by GadgetGirlIL
I'm following him on Instagram. He is back at the start now:

To all my Instagram friends: After struggling through 135 miles of PBP yesterday, and facing the prospect of no sleep in Loudeac if I hoped to get back on a reasonable schedule, I decided to end my ride in Villaines-la-Juhel. I spent the night there in a nice, quiet hotel, and today I’m on an impromptu sightseeing trip to Le Mans. Having a drink at a sidewalk cafe and will walk up the steps to the magnificent cathedral here shortly. Not the adventure I had planned, but a great day nonetheless. More to follow.
I'm surprised Eric also stopped at the same point as I did; his videos were a tremendous help in getting me prepared for the ride. Its apparently very good weather too this time, no rain as far as I can tell. I guess at least he's enjoying the rest of his vacation.

I can think of over a dozen reasons of what I could have done, shouldn't have done, and be able to continue the ride but I guess that's all to late now. Still feeling the sting of it though.

Watching my other Malaysian friends, many are still going strong and have a chance to finish by 90h. Some surprising strong riders have stopped though, and I'm worried about one who's trailing very, very far back but she's still trying to get to Brest. Her last known point was Loudeac at 47:32:56 so, hoping to hear from her on our own private WhatsApp group soon.

(Edit)
Ok she's still at Loudeac.

Some of the TCR people are amazing. Darren Franks already completed, albeit not at his original target of 48h. Fiona Kolbinger last known position at Fougeres, but I think she's just slowly taking her time.

Last edited by atwl77; 08-20-19 at 11:16 PM.