Old 12-13-19, 04:08 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Where have you ridden??
Originally Posted by Machka
I've got a goal of riding in all the provinces in Canada, all the states in the US, all the states in Australia, and as many other countries as possible. It's not a goal that I'm going to accomplish in the next year or two ... it is something I'm working on throughout my life.

However, this year, I was able to add a whole bunch more US states to my list ... I'm nearly at the half-way mark!!

What about you?? Where have you ridden??
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
… In Ann Arbor MI in the 70’s I really realized the utility of bicycles for commuting, and began touring on a five-speed Schwinn Suburban, but soon bought a Mercier as did my girlfriend, later my wife.
Originally Posted by Maelochs
What a coincidence that your wife and girlfriend both ride the same bikes. Do they ride together?
We [my then-girlfriend-now-wife and I] toured in Michigan and Ontario.

In 1977 we [my now-wife and I] moved to Boston on our bikes, as a bicycling honeymoon from Los Angeles to Washington, DC and then took the train up to Boston…
California, Nevada, Arizona, (Utah and New Mexico at Four Corners), Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, D.C.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
We have toured in New England and the Maritime Provinces, and one trip to the DelMarVa peninsula.
Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island; Quebec; Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island; Maryland and Delaware.

Also by myself a couple of days on visits to North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Bermuda.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 12-14-19 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added Maryland and Delaware; then added Florida