View Single Post
Old 09-03-20, 02:59 PM
billyymc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by saddlesores
unless you mean the loaded bikes were in the 55-60 pound range, there's your problem!!!!

assuming your neckit bikes weigh around 30 pounds, you're still carrying 25-30 pounds each.
or did you mean 55-60 pounds of gear strapped to your bikes**********????
Bike and gear total around 55-60 range. Neither bike is that heavy - probably 22-23 lbs. Carried three water bottles at a time. Gear wise - tent (fit in handlebar bag with poles strapped to the outside), sleeping bag, sleeping pad, extra set of bike clothes, a set of clothes for off the bike (including sandals strapped to handlebar bag), some toiletries and a chamois to clean up, a bit of food but not much, bike tools, tubes in case of a bad flat (both running tubeless).

Edit to add: I wonder if I got my loaded bike weight wrong...doesn't seem like we were carrying much excess but looking at Miele Man's gear and weight...something seems off.
The only thing I brought that I should have left home was a pair of running tights and a lightweight technical long sleeve shirt. The week before had been quite cool and wasn't convinced the weather was going to stay warm again (it did mostly).

Last edited by billyymc; 09-03-20 at 05:50 PM.