Old 10-12-11, 12:58 PM
daveF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Only once in 18 years (not all commuting, includes training where I was often 50 or 60 miles from home). That was due to a cracked weld on a Dahon folding bike at a hinge. I may have gotten away with pedaling home slowly but I called my wife. This resulted in a scene I'll always remember.

I started to leave work & noticed that the bike was sagging to one side while folded. It was pretty easy to see the crack in the weld so I called my wife & asked her if she could pick me up from a new Irish bar that just opened next to my office. I got a beer & ran into someone I used to work with who also cycles. He introduced me to several people including one woman who seemed too eager to meet me. She asked me something like "what brings you into this place". I responded that my bicycle is broken & I'm waiting for a ride. I could not have gotten her to turn her back to me faster no matter what rude comment I could have come up with. She was obviously looking for any one of the fellows who had driven up in one of the luxury cars parked outside.

Last edited by daveF; 10-12-11 at 01:03 PM.