Old 09-13-19, 11:44 AM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,292 Times in 744 Posts
Originally Posted by GlenDAustin
They did ok assembling our bikes, no parts upside down or obviously broken. But, I have scheduled a mobile bike repair company to come and review the assembly and lubricate everything. We like these bikes, but we want to maintain them as well as we do our cars. The mobile guy is $60 per bike, while our LBS is $130. The LBS is a regional chain that sort of has a monopoly on the area. They control all Trek and Specialized sales and service, and some other brands too. The other shops have Cannondale and some off brands. We had our son’s Vilanus bike done and it was over $200 with tires and brake pads. I did the Trek 820 tires, tubes, grips, and pedals myself for that reason. And lubrication. The parts were still over $110.
Do you work at a Target or a Walmart? I am not clear on what bikes you have had assembled. Good to hear they worked out for you, but hiring a mobile bike service to check their work seems redundant. If you need to pay someone else to check their work, and lubricate things, it seems it would be monet better spent to hire the mobile bike company to assemble the bikes in the first place.