View Single Post
Old 10-24-20, 09:05 AM
seajaye

Bikes: 650b traditional rando, 700c SS rando, 700c fast rando..... plus a mountain, folder, and retired urban track in the basement

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Resurrecting a zombie thread. I'm about to receive a frameset for my next n+1 project, a single-speed randonneur. As I lay out all of the parts that have come in so far, gazing at all the shiny and polished bits, I realize a crucial thing that is missing:

No way for me to mount my light to my front rack!!

I could use some scrap aluminum, or VO's little thing, or an old brake arm.... but I find it hard to believe that in the years since this thread started, that there isn't a better solution. Randonneuring has become so much more prominent in the overall cycling 'scene' so i'm frustrated that no one has come up with a cool solution. Paul Components could make a little curved thing with the PAUL logo and charge $40 for it.

Related/unrelated, I was thinking about how to integrate the light-beam-friction lever rhm gugie , but I won't have any shifter bosses on this bike! I feel a bar-end might clutter the bike up unnecessarily. Any one have any ideas for how to integrate this cleanly?

And also just because I am excited:

the awaiting parts bin