Thread: Today I (v2):
View Single Post
Old 07-17-16, 01:21 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Mumonkan
over the years running would just ping my brain again every once in a while, i sortof missed it. eventually the voice grew louder until i saw the grand canyon and that was that.

25k race will happen in december, for now i (impatiently) build base mileages

I hear you. Zone 2 and enjoy the scenery.

It is calling me every day.

I used to be a member of the Georgia Ultra and Trail Running Society (GUTS - GUTS - Georgia Ultrarunning and Trailrunning Society - Home) and paid the $75 yearly to be a "Friend of Georgia State Parks." The trails at my local state park were open at night and I ran endlessly with the Petzl headlamp. Park rangers stopped me one night a few years ago, saw the headlamp and thought I was a poacher. Seems they were having a problem with locals hunting and shortly after they put up big signs "Trails close at dusk." I actually wrote a letter to the state parks commissioner asking them to reopen the trails and haven't renewed membership since.

I'd love to hear more about the race. Winter trail racing is great. Be careful or you will get marathon fever.