Old 10-14-19, 03:05 PM
jdawginsc 
Edumacator

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2385 Post(s)
Liked 2,930 Times in 1,861 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Oops.....

Imagine opening this thread out of curiosity and seeing the frame I just nabbed off Ebay. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.

I researched all of yesterday and couldn't find another like it to date it. By what I did find it seems like it must be around mid 90s.

Not too worried about the BB cable guide. There where some frames that used a snap in guide and I think that's what's going on here. I've even got a NOS one in my parts bin to try when I get it in.

The LBS that does most of my work is well versed on classic steel bikes. Their used to chasing threads, facing headsets, and even minor alignments so I was worried by anything I saw in the pics.

If the listed weight is with the headset and bottom bracket shown installed it should build up to a respectable weight.

I found this while looking for another yellow frameset for the collection. I am trying to downsize but...well....I was able to justify this. Sold my yellow Paramount and the beautiful yellow Vitus Argal I've been trying out just isn't my cup of tea. So I'm selling that locally too. That meant I needed another yellow bike, right? Plus I just picked up two pretty mint looking silver groupsets and need something to put them on. See how easy it is to support your N+1 addiction?

Really eager to get this and see what it's really made of and sorry again if I bumped anyone on this. I didn't realize it was a hot subject on here.
Jdawg is glad someone here at least gets the gold...