Old 12-16-19, 01:15 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Roccorides
I remembered this thread when some random guy was giving me guff the other night as I was unlocking my Vintage Electric. "How does it feel to be a cheater?" he yelled from about 10 yards away. As an aside, this guy is standing in line for a slice of pizza while I'm getting on a bike, and yet he's heckling me about supposedly being too lazy or something. I attempted engage the gentleman in discourse. "I'm about to ride 20 miles at 10 pm carrying 25 lbs of stuff so I can get home to my family then get up early and go back to work, so actually I feel ok about cheating." "Well, you're a damn cheater." "What if I drove a car home instead, would you still call me a cheater?" "No, but you're still a cheater." This went on for about 5 minutes. For some reason I was feeling disputatious and so kept arguing with him. Honestly, it almost got physical. Other than nastily repeating the word "cheater," he really had no thought-out position, apparently just a deep need to feel superior to someone.
The person you spoke to was no gentleman. Would of been better to just ignore the a-hole. In today's world it seems that both hypocrisy and ignorance abound. In the mean time you are still getting exercise and not using any fossil fuels. There are various modes of transportation of which I would never pull up to a stop light on my ebike and ask the person driving a Humvee, "How does it feel to burn all that gas"? because doing so would be just real stupid and rude, not to mention completely futile.