View Single Post
Old 06-05-13, 07:18 AM
Lenton58 

Bikes: Vitus 979, Simplon 4-Star, Woodrup, Gazelle AB, Dawes Atlantis

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 42 Posts
I am not one of BF's authorities in this area, but I merely suspect that some parts have been changed out ... or perhaps someone originally acquired a Cinelli frame and fitted it out as they chose. Whatever.... Much more expert opinion is on tap here on BF.

I have no idea what you paid for it, but that you could be bleeding from the nose to and the ... er ...other end not withstanding, you are one very lucky dude (dudette?)! The shot of the head badge is pretty much as good as it gets in respect to original finish — if it is original.

In this day and age, everything that is of either iconic or intrinsic value is being faked and forged. Cite a serial number (which can also be altered and forged) and post some clear close ups of detail on "Photobucket" or somewere. All sorts of knowledge will come your way in direct proportion to the information you may provide.

If you are really joining our community — welcome. If you are exploiting members' time and care here on BF ... beware. We remember.

Assuming you are an enthusiast — welcome ... and hope to see much more!