Old 04-19-21, 10:54 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by xaero
Just I've checked the S and M measures of Focus, here is the b2b comparison at below. Interesting thing in here is; I'm out of range at top tube based on competitive bike fit calculation and which is no make sense for me. As I said before during test trial I felt uncomfortable about reach/top tube lenght but calculation says opposed. It may related about my inexperience on road bikes, maybe it's normal to feel like uncomfortable at the beginning.

Stack 531 - 547
Reach 380 - 390
Effective Seat Tube 510 - 540
Effective Top Tube 537 - 552
Head Tube Lenght 130 - 145
Wheelbase 977 - 987
I'm not saying the Competitive Cyclist calculator gave you bad info, but I'm going to give you a real world data point to consider: me (as stated above 173cm tall, 76.5cm inseam). I've been riding bikes for a long time. I know exactly what works for me, and I can tell you that my dimensions work best on their S, with a 110m stem. I can ride the M, but its stand-over is higher than I like. Think about that. You and I are roughly equivalent in height and inseam. For all intents and purposes you and I ride the same size bike (macro adjustment), that is where the fitting comes in, to dial the micro adjustments at the contact points with the bike: bars and saddle position, along with cleat position on shoes.