Old 04-19-21, 01:29 PM
xaero

Bikes: Focus Izalco Race 9.7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Those numbers might be great, if you want to have a bike custom built.

Otherwise you still need to get a bike that lets you have the proper saddle height first and foremost. You don't want to get a frame with a longer top tube if the saddle is going to be slammed all the way down.

You are letting the numbers confuse you as they did me many many years ago. Just go out and get a bike that feels comfortable to you and consider any advice from those that can actually see how you look on that bike. Don't spend your families inheritance on one. Just get one that you can get a few thousand miles experience with and then for your next bike you'll know better what those numbers might be suggesting.

I don't know why flexibility has anything to do with your bike purchase. Probably making preconceived notions in you that you have to have a more upright position. I'm not too flexible either with respect to touching my toes. I can't. And even when young it took effort.

Right now I can't even get my hands midway down my shins with my legs straight. Yet I ride a bike that is considered by some as having a low stack and slightly aggressive fit. And it's every bit as comfortable, if not more than the bikes I have with a higher stack that won't let me get as low and aero.
I'm totally agree with you about going outside and try the bikes directly and take real experience instead of getting lost in calculations. Yet I'm 28 years old guy and I have only experience on city bike. I had a chance to try only M and it was not OK but as I said it maybe related about my inexperience. I have thousands kilometers on comfortable city bike and I believe that if I have chance to try S frame, I feel same situation. This is the main problem that confuse me a lot.

I watched a lot video on youtube about importance of stack and reach but I have still confusion. I have chance to adjust saddle height. S and M frame has 30m difference on seat tube. Can I compensate it with changing saddle height? I know that it's a silly question but could't find reasonable answer about that.
Likes For xaero: