View Single Post
Old 03-28-11, 01:33 PM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
That's a neat idea. I am planning my next trip using Evernote. Whenever I find a potential stopping place, I make a note for it and tag it as "camping" or "hotel." In addition I have a separate note with gear I'd like to have before I leave and a separate note for a packing list. Those two won't be much use on the road, but they're helpful in planning. I have no idea if Evernote is as shareable as your website, but I like the fact that my notes can be kept on line or downloaded to my device. And, now that I think about it, I bet I can add geographical data to some of those notes, which might be handy when looking for the next, closest place to stop for the night. I'll have to see if that's possible.

Your solution has the added benefit of letting other people look over and comment on your tour, which could get you some good input. But however you do it, I agree that having a central, on-line place to keep your data is nice. It means that no matter where I am, I can add a note and/or retrieve notes from before. Otherwise I'd look up a bit far in advance of my trip, lose it, forget it, look it up again, and still never be certain to take that information with me.