View Single Post
Old 12-08-05, 10:24 AM
volpicellina

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it was 20 degrees F this morning, in Boston. I have a 13mi commute.

I had to post since I am SO psyched about my new pants and shoes.

Head/Face: Under Armour hood (nice adjustable, can become just neck gaiter, etc. with an additional fleece hat

Torso: t-shirt (yes, I know I need to get some non-cotton tshirts) Sugoi zip neck (I LOVE these) and my gore windstopper boathouse jacket from my school sport (ice hockey) - its actually a nice jacket for biking, lightweight, etc.

Legs: a new pair of Pearl Izumi tights that have windstopper front panels. THey aren't as stretchy as I'd like, but I have to say, they are super warm compared to my usual tights. A nice option instead of tights and then a loose goretex pant.

Feet: Merrell Chameleon shoes - goretex xcr, really warm, good windblocking. With fleece socks.

Hands: just regular fleece lined EMS gloves.

took me 45min or so. The bike path was icy so moved to roads. I need to get a wider-tire bike for the winter, working on this (I have a giant ocr2 right now) I have a mountain bike, but its small and I don't like the riding position for a commute.

my coworkers think I am crazy, but man, I HATE 'needing' to drive. I am thinking about getting a hockey gear backpack so I can stop doing my few drives I do a week to the rink! Hockey gear is big though, might be hard.