Old 01-08-19, 01:44 AM
DaveQ24

Bikes: Enough plus 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
It’s been weird again this season. November turned cold, but December was warmer than November. January has been warmer yet, hitting 55 one day, and near 50 two other days. Were it not for the late sunrise, early sunset, and very low arc of the sun across the sky, I could easily make myself believe it’s late March or early April. Our lows at night for the first 8 days of January now have only been just below freezing most nights. Right now it’s 45 degrees atv 2:30 AM. I’ve had to get out the snow shovel 0 times since the first snow in November - we’ve gotten maybe an inch ar most about 5 or 6 times, but it melts right awsy. OTOH, we’ve had a lot of soaking rains.

So, it’s been really great to get out there this “winter” - but I actually miss having some snow cover - both of my bikes set up for winter have studs, so it’s tough going on pavement, relatively, but good for rebuilding the aerobic capacity, endurance, and muscle strength I’ve lost.

But I certainly can’t say it’s been crazy extreme cold riding.

I’m sure reality will set in soon and back to reality. As long as it doesn’t go like last year, when March was cold wih snow, and April was extremely cold with significant snow until the very end. I want spring to be spring.

OTOH, I kind of miss the magic of riding in a snow squall at 15 degrees.

Weather was never this weird when I was a kid in the 1970’s - winter was winter.

Last edited by DaveQ24; 01-08-19 at 01:47 AM.