Old 01-10-19, 08:27 AM
Sticky9

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm going car free in 2019 for the first time, but have one glaring obstacle...

I have 2 giant schnauzers that I rescued, and they are pretty energetic. I've been walking them a lot so far this year, but I just feel bad that they can't run and chase the squirrels and deer. Previously with my jeep, I would take them to the river to hike and swim and run and play at least 5 times a week if not every day of the week. It just kills me inside to know they aren't able to run around as much as they used to. My SO has a car and enjoys coming out with us most days, but I can see her getting testy with me trying to borrow the car every afternoon/evening for 2 hours. She doesn't get why I'm trying to LCF (and I'm not sure I even know why I'm doing it) so I could potentially see her getting irritated down the road if I'm always trying to borrow the car. For the record, I think this is more in my head, but for peace of mind I would like to be as independent as possible.

So my question to y'all is.... What kind of trailer/apparatus could I use to haul 2 90# dogs for at least 4 miles? I saw a trailer I could fit both their kennels on, but it cost around $1200 and I just can't afford that.

Any advice is appreciated

Last edited by Sticky9; 01-10-19 at 08:41 AM.