Old 05-16-19, 02:08 AM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
V

I have no right to stick my nose into your business. I am sure you have your reasons for doing what you decided to do.But I am curious, after all this time, what made you give up recreational riding a couple of years ago and now strictly do utilitarian rides?

Now for the serious stuff and I may need your advice. I was basically assaulted today on the Hayne Blvd. Bike Path on top of the levee between the old Lincoln Beach and the flyover that leads to Lakefront Airport by three youths. Yes they were Black. It wasn't too bad, they saw me coming and turned around to be in front of me then would not let me pass by swerving in front of me. Then chain came off I think because of a worn Biopace. When I got back going they had blocked the path with their bikes and I had to dismount and walk around. On the way back they played chicken with me and hit me in the back as I went past. Then one caught up with me and slapped me behind the head. I just kept riding and the darn chain came off again The three of them basically cornered me but did not advance when they saw I was serious. Escalate?
I carry a knife. I've also beat somebody with a bike before. Get rid of that bullspit biopace. That was tye first thing to go on my High Sierra, slows you down too.