View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 11:24 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrasero
Someone once told me it's not really the destination that matters but the journey there that sometimes is the most enjoyable and for PC building it's all about the prep and anticipation. A course there is some showmanship displaying our builds kind of like people showing off their bikes, builds, and Strava pics. There is no end to what you can accomplish kind of like cycling where you are constantly reevaluating your goals.
I know what you mean, and agree that you can draw a lot of parallels between the two activities. I guess I was just saying that I really enjoy riding the bikes that I have built, while the computer I built is just another computer to me. Now it just does computer stuff, kind of like the others (just to elaborate, though, it was probably the complete opposite of your builds. Being my first time, I just got a full size case and figured it would give me more room to work and give me the chance to add stuff later. The hardware I used wasn't anything special either. I think the most fun for me was setting up all the fans).

Originally Posted by medic75
Advantage of multiple bikes - even when one is broken, or getting a tune up, you always have something else to ride.
This is very true.