Old 06-13-19, 09:34 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1783 Post(s)
Liked 1,621 Times in 927 Posts
Trade all your bikes to help a sick puppy

In another thread a poster made the following comment: [edited for brevity]
all my bikes have been Salvation army/ Goodwill for $40 dollars. None were $10,000 attempts at indirect self acceptance. (like others) If I had $10,000 to piss away, I would use it to help homeless vets, sick children, suffering dogs and I would gain direct self acceptance by being a kind and giving person.
So my question is this: Who here considers a $10,000 bike to be a lavish luxurious extravagance? It seems kind of normal to me. At least in my geographic area. Sure $3, 4, $5,000 bike are pretty much normal & everywhere as far as I can tell. $10,000 May be a bit on the high side of things, but certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

[defining "fine bicycle" as one costing 5 to 10% of your annual income] Would you trade a fine bike to buy a meal for a street begger? I wouldn't. All things adjusted for income level, I dunno if the poster in the other thread would trade his $40 bike for a meal either.

[/virtue signaling rant.]
What are your thoughts? Would you?

Last edited by base2; 06-13-19 at 09:49 AM.