Old 02-15-19, 09:19 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by OhLylo
You're tougher than I am, dude.
Well, most days of the year it's no big deal. When my son became driving age my wife started talking about getting him a cheap used car. I pointed out that for the last several years my truck sat in the garage unused most days. It made a lot more sense to me to let him drive that to school than buying and maintaining a 3rd vehicle. I knew there would be a handful of difficult days every year where I would no longer have the option to drive. This winter it seems like there have been a few more than usual (or it may just feel that way.) But really, the majority of the time it hasn't been an issue. Even if I have 15 really rough commutes over the course of the winter that's hardly enough to justify buying another car.

Today was -7F with a -23F wind chill. The headwind was less forceful than yesterday so even though it was colder it was a lot easier riding.