Old 03-20-20, 11:48 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Went on my first "road" ride yesterday since the crash. Still waiting on new tubes/tape for the HED's on the roadie. I bought strips too narrow and they didn't work.

So, rode the cross bike around the neighborhood. Hilly. Decent average and nominal power. Not what I expected given the effort but always forget with those curvy hilly routes even if pedaling and shifting your best you're losing time at power.

With run/bike combo this week on track for 400 TSS.

I caught a "Corona Wedding" while riding. Literally were doing their first kiss as I rode by. Maybe 15 people in a front yard.

Geeez man. Crazy times. Seeing the freaking notices online of layoffs of service workers and other things with nothing to do outside an office.

Also, not to pick on folks in the risk age group for this virus........but to an extent it really pisses me off to see folks in that age group not taking the precautions despite a TON of people losing their jobs for their benefit.

While riding to/from work I notice people still gathering around, with advanced age folks in the groups........with snot nosed kids in the groups too.

I haven't done anything in a group since. Work has us 6' or more and keeping a log and even working at home right until our equipment is readied to be used. Then, I'm in a facility where I often have dozens of yards to the nearest person.

It's maddening to see the kiddos in the 10 to 20's age range plowing around neighborhoods in packs still. Parents don't care?

I dunno man, I feel like outside of just the at-work piece we're doing our part. We don't go out in town, only takeout, no meeting people, no closer than 6 feet.

I just hope the daily issues of Italy don't come here because we were too proud or stubborn.
Likes For burnthesheep: