Old 10-09-12, 04:49 PM
ChicAgo steel

Bikes: '72 Schwinn Model 834 Opaque Blue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrk101
Old comment, but I thought I would add a correction for anyone doing future searches.

Schwinn contracted with Panasonic well past 1986, and into the 1990s. Two of my favorite Schwinns are later Panasonics: my 1987 Prologue (made in 1987, 1988 and 1989), as well as my 1992 Paramount Series 5. The Prologue came just as a frameset, so it is "missing" in the model hierarchy. But it is placed in the catalog directly after the Paramount (actually, right in the middle of the Paramount section, kind of odd), and before the Avon and the Circuit.
T-Bill, sorry for the tardy reply!

Thanks for posting and educating us. Prologue appears to have the same geometry as the Peloton. Built with oh so slightly different tube material, they must be first cousins.

I think I need a 22". The 23" is just a bit to large for my 5' 11.5" frame. If anyone spies a 56cm Pel or Pro please give me a shout.

Hey Brazuca, HAPPY NEW BIKE! An enjoy riding the snot out of it. Please post a few more picks if you're able. And how about a ride report when you can? ; )