Old 08-16-19, 02:44 AM
jideta

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 74 Posts
Actually running Double Shots on the gravel, but thinking of going to Eggs.
I run Eggbeater3s on my road bikes.
I like the four sided entry; don't have to flip the pedals (like the Double Shots) and the newer cleats are much better than the old style. Getting in seems easier.
I run Shoe Shields, almost a must if you have carbon soles (any sole really) though the cleats do come with some plastic shields. I had to modify the SS for my SIDIs, not so for my Lakes.
Now there are like three different cleats; zero float, easy off and normal or something. Nice to have some choices.
With the newer cleats, float is a bit tighter. The older cleats I admit were really loose.
Never pulled out. I did once with SPDs but they were adjusted really loose and they were really old.
By the way, I have no idea how long the newer cleats have been around. I've had my Eggs for like tens years or so and just changed my cleats when I recently got the Double Shots and the Lakes.
Heard stories of early destruction, but I probably have 4-5000 miles on one set and maybe 2000 on the other and so far no problems.
I suppose once they get worn you can always rebuild them.
I like em. If I decide to change, like the other poster, I'll probably try ATACs.
One other thing, they are kinda a theft deterrent as they are really hard to pedal without clipping in. The pedals just sort of roll on the soles of your shoes as there is no real platform to push on.
As I said, I'll probably be changing out the Double Shots as I'm mostly clipped in anyways.
Except I don't make enough scratch for the 11s.

Last edited by jideta; 08-16-19 at 02:49 AM.