Old 09-29-15, 09:22 AM
Smokehouse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
Does this thread belong in "road cycling"?

I am a road cyclist and I rarely see a "bike lane" (although I have ridden on one 3 times). And I do enjoy the MUPS.

The fact is... these people live in what is still a free Democratic Republic. Which means that if they don't want no stink'in bike lanes... OR EVEN BICYCLES... they have every right to ban them.

And sure... some lawyers would love to spend time, effort, and money defending the public right to ride... bicycles, horses, skates and skateboards. Or even strolling down the street nude-jump-roping as well I'd guess. But honestly... people have a right and an obligation to build communities they would like to live in.

The REALLY sad part is: The ridicule and name calling in threads like this make cyclist appear to be the kind of people I wouldn't want riding through MY neighborhood ether.
While I get your point...you also have to understand the court of public opinion.

The gals quoted in the video are just being absurd...seriously absurd. Without even going into stereotyping, their statements alone are inviting ridicule. As cyclists, we are trying to raise public support and awareness of what we do. Bike lanes are safer, we all know this.

When a bunch of people stand up against something and offer up such nonsense as those examples against it, it is only natural to retort. not a single comment in that video is relevant to the situation at hand.