crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 422 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by HamboneSlim
64cm PR10:

Sanding with 600 grit between coats, will decide today if it gets one more coat of orange, or if it's ready for labels and clearcoat. The original orange can be seen on the steer tube. I won't say where I found the color match...

...let's just say it's a common color in these parts, and leave it at that.

While painting the PR10 lugs, I got a bit happy with the black lacquer...

...allegedly. Derailleurs for this bike are SLJs.

And then there's this case:

the saddest TdF.

The Good:
-64cm frame
-Mafac Competition brakes
-Campy NR derailleurs and hubs
-Weinmann 700c rims
-Stronglight 93 crankset

The Bad:
-Delrin shifters
-stem clamp tightened onto bars with a hammer
-solid plastic saddle on steel post
-removal tool ears snapped off of Regina freewheel
-rust everywhere

The Ugly:

better still:

mmmm...buttercream. Not a Gitane color, but I like it. With honey leather saddle and bar tape, polished dimpled fenders, racks and bags, it should look pretty classy.

Also have this little project ready for paint today:

Oliver 30" portable band saw. It's "portable" because the new-fangled electrical motor means it isn't tied to a lineshaft, and can therefor be placed anywhere in the shop. Even the motor is portable; it's designed to slide out, so you can use it in other Oliver machines, rather than have to buy a separate motor for each machine. What'll they think of next, eh? It's all cleaned and ready for paint today.

Medium-sized bits are already painted. Just the wee bits still have to be cleaned up in the wire wheel. The wheels have new tires, still need to be crowned. I plan to mount the wheels to the outboard wood lathe spindle, and mount an angle grinder with a sanding disc onto the outboard turning rest. Should be interesting.
Supa COOL schtuff! Nice work!